If you have been to my post n our Mickey & Minnie party, you would have noticed the ears we had made as party favors.
I was going to post how I made them but, I just didn’t get round to it, till now. A sweet little reader has given it an awesome name – Miku ears 🙂
So, this post is for her & all other moms who have Mickey & Minnie fans at home. 🙂
Now, over to lots of pictures.
1) Use any available material like Black felt or foam or glitter foam or even thick card paper.
2) Cut it into dumbbell shapes as shown.
3) Wrap them up and glue them onto the hairband.
4) If you are a Minnie, then add the bow as shown below.
5) Most important step — Wear and enjoy 🙂
1) If you are using foam, it is stiff and can be directly cut and pasted. If possible use sticker glitter foam to add that glitter and it is easier to just cut and stick onto the hairband.
2) If you are using felt, then it is not stiff enough. Use tiny foam circles inside the felt ears then to help it to stand. Here are some pics.
3) Here is how to make the bow. Use a ribbon with more width.
You can even add the Christmassy bows.
4) Here are how the Mickey ears look with different materials.
Finally, Don’t worry about any minor errors you may make because ultimately it is the party spirit which makes them look so good.
This was the easy version of making these ears. If you would like to try the more authentic version, head over to A creative housewife.
Hope you enjoy making them just as much as we did wearing them.