So it was Halloween. Our first one actually.
So Aruja had some lovely weeks in school making all ghoulish crafts to decorate her school room. The picture below is not very clear but you can see the amazing crafts they had made. 🙂
And what did she dress up as? Of course the WITCH. She made me record a video saying, “Iggety Ziggety Zaggety Zoom!”
So, then the logical extension was to read our favorite book, “Room on the Broom” by Julia Donaldson.
We did not do any crafts related to the book although we were planning to but, we loved this one from The Primary Patch.
You will find many simple activities on the official website. – http://roomonthebroom.com/activities. Activity books are available too.
And for those who have not yet read the book, do watch this amazing animation with your kids.
And here are the simple crafts we did manage to do.
Steps? Here they are:
You will require: Scissors, glue, cello tape, white card paper, black pen, googly eyes. Optionally, a thread and a bow.
- Draw a ghost pattern on the card paper.
- Cut it out. Draw a border around it with a black pen.
- Stick Googly eyes. Optionally draw eyelashes. 🙂
- Draw the mouth and color it with the black pen.
- Optionally stick on a bow if you want a girl ghost. 🙂
- To hang it tape a string behind it or simply stick it on a surface using tape.
You will require: Egg cartons, black paint, googly eyes, glue, scissors, a string. Optionally, a bow.
- Cut the carton for three eggs as shown. The two side carton pieces are the wings of the bat and the middle portion would be the bat’s body.
- Cut out small triangular shapes on the wings. Refer the red arrows in the picture pointing to the shape of the wings.
- Color the egg cartons triplets completely in black.
- Poke a hole in the middle body part and insert a thread to hang your bat as shown in the picture.
- Stick on googly eyes and optionally a bow if your bat is a girl. 🙂
We pasted the ghosts and hung our bat on our door so that kids could come trick or treating.
So, do let us know how you enjoyed your Halloween. Send us your pics in Halloween costumes.
We would love to see them.
Trick or treat anyone?
Lots of love,
PS. : We missed all our friends in India. Love to you.